[OS X TeX] Re: Tiff files - cause problems?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Apr 22 19:31:09 CEST 2009

On Apr 22, 2009, at 12:15 PM, Itsme (Sophie) wrote:

> Bumplet?
>
> Is Tiff supposed to work with standard TexShop, or is there some add-
> on which will make it work?
>
> I do a lot of copy/paste of screen shots and my app (Scrivener)
> takes these in as tiff, and feeds that into the tex stream, so this
> is messing me up quite a lot.
>
> Thanks - Sophie

Howdy,

Find attached a package tiftopng that, in conjunction with the convert
part of ImageMagic (comes as part of the default install for MacTeX)
will automatically convert tif->png (note: not tiff) if needed when
using pdflatex. Try it; if it doesn't work make sure that you are
using the --shell-escape option for pdflatex and try again.