[OS X TeX] creating a "smart macro"

Wed Apr 22 10:58:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

I need to create a number of name tags for a class. The idea is to
create a list of the students' names and have a macro that will fetch
the first name, then reexecute using the second name and so on.
This is the layout I created. Can anybody give me a hint how to make
a smart macro out of this that will work its way through a list of
109 students and create a pdf in which every single page looks like
the output of the code below while replacing \1stname and \lastname
with the names in the list?

TIA,
Alex

\documentclass[landscape,a5paper,pagesize,DiV=14]{scrartcl}
\usepackage
[landscape,left=2cm,top=1cm,right=3cm,bottom=1cm,nohead,nofoot]
{geometry}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Hoefler Text}
\pagestyle{empty}
\usepackage{fix-cm}
\begin{document}
\vspace*{7,5cm}