[OS X TeX] TeXTable: Does someone know how to compile it?

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sun Apr 5 22:39:44 CEST 2009

On Apr 5, 2009, at 05:56 , Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Am 05.04.2009 um 06:00 schrieb Ramón Figueroa-Centeno:
>> The author gave up on trying to fix due to lack of time. He open
>> sourced it: <http://www.twistedtheorysoftware.com/textable/TeXTable-0.2a-src.tar.gz
>> >.
>>
>> Can anyone give instructions on how at least to compile it from the
>> source, and even better fix the bug?
>

> Unpack the archive, open the directory TexTable in Finder, double-
> click the Xcode "file" TexTable.xcodeproj, and press for example the
> Build button in Xcode. It'll fail, because some external software is
> missing:
>
> 	<OmniFoundation/OmniFoundation.h>
> 	<Foundation/Foundation.h>
>
> The former C header file obviously is not Mac OS X or Apple, it's
> from the owners of OmniWeb or OmniGraffle. The latter file does not
> exist on my Tiger system.

I believe that the former is available from The Omni Group. I have an
old (11/08) copy of BibDesk source, and it contains this (so I'm
assuming it's freely available).

The latter should be on your system.  It's found in
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.fromework/Headers
and the compiler tracks it down with some sort of compiler foo.  For
example, the following

#include <Foundation/Foundation.h>
main()
{
    printf("Eek!\n");
}

compiles without complaints of missing headers (but lots of others, of
course).

HTH

Justin

--