[OS X TeX] Sysquake for LaTeX (and TeXShop)

Peter Pagin peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
Sun Apr 5 00:20:04 CEST 2009

Thanks,
I suspected that one shouldn't have to do much more, but I had
downloaded both. The Sysquake-LE application works nicely. It's great
fun to run the traveling salesman graphics. But I still use Sysquake
from within LaTeX.

Best,
Peter

4 apr 2009 kl. 23.07 skrev Alain Schremmer:

> On Apr 4, 2009, at 4:06 PM, Peter Pagin wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I would like to use Sysquake for LaTeX as well. I have run the
>> installation, but the Sysquake parts of the sq-example.tex file
>> don't process. In the log file it says
>>
>> "system(sysquakelatextool --latexingraphics -o sq-example.lmeout
>> sq-example.lme
>> )...disabled."
>>
>> But I can run sysquakelatextool from the command line. Does anyone
>> have an idea of what has gone wrong, and how it can be fixed.
>
> It may be that you downloaded the wrong Sysquake, that is the one
> sees when getting on page
>
> 	http://www.calerga.com/download/index.html
>
> and indeed Sysquake-41-LE.dmg is the one I wasted a couple of hours
> on.
>
> The one at the bottom of that same page
>
> 	sysquakelx-mac-1.0a.pkg.zip
>
> worked for me out of the box—except I couldn't find the options. I
> don't think I had anything to do. All I can see in my latex folder
> is an alias for sysquake.sty
>
> For instance, I just have to compile the following TWICE:
>
> \documentclass{report}
> \usepackage[latexingraphics]{sysquake}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \usepackage{epstopdf}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> In Sysquake, $e^{j \cdot \pi} = \sqexpr{exp(1j * pi)}$.
>
> Here is a plot of
> \begin{displaymath}
> f(x) = \frac{x^{2}}{x^{2}-1}
> \end{displaymath}
>
> \hspace{-22mm}
> \begin{sysquake}(400,300)%dimensions of graphics
> plotoption nomargin;
> plotoption noframe;
> fplot(@(x) x^2/(x^2-1), [-10,10], 'r');
> \end{sysquake}
> \end{document}
>
> Hope it works
> --schremmer

> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Peter Pagin
Professor
Department of Philosophy, Stockholm University
106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
tel: +46-8-162813, fax: +46-8-152226
email: peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
http://people.su.se/~ppagin/pagineng.htm