[OS X TeX] Sysquake for LaTeX (and TeXShop)

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 23:07:29 CEST 2009

On Apr 4, 2009, at 4:06 PM, Peter Pagin wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to use Sysquake for LaTeX as well. I have run the
> installation, but the Sysquake parts of the sq-example.tex file
> don't process. In the log file it says
>
> "system(sysquakelatextool --latexingraphics -o sq-example.lmeout
> sq-example.lme
> )...disabled."
>
> But I can run sysquakelatextool from the command line. Does anyone
> have an idea of what has gone wrong, and how it can be fixed.

It may be that you downloaded the wrong Sysquake, that is the one
sees when getting on page

	http://www.calerga.com/download/index.html

and indeed Sysquake-41-LE.dmg is the one I wasted a couple of hours on.

The one at the bottom of that same page

	sysquakelx-mac-1.0a.pkg.zip

worked for me out of the box—except I couldn't find the options. I
don't think I had anything to do. All I can see in my latex folder is
an alias for sysquake.sty

For instance, I just have to compile the following TWICE:

\documentclass{report}
\usepackage[latexingraphics]{sysquake}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{epstopdf}

\begin{document}

In Sysquake, $e^{j \cdot \pi} = \sqexpr{exp(1j * pi)}$.

Here is a plot of
\begin{displaymath}
f(x) = \frac{x^{2}}{x^{2}-1}
\end{displaymath}

\hspace{-22mm}
\begin{sysquake}(400,300)%dimensions of graphics
plotoption nomargin;
plotoption noframe;
fplot(@(x) x^2/(x^2-1), [-10,10], 'r');
\end{sysquake}