[OS X TeX] Install the Concrete Math Package

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Apr 2 11:29:24 CEST 2009

On  2 Apr, 2009, at 02:37, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 02.04.2009 um 08:01 schrieb Alain Matthes:
>
>> These fonts are T1 fonts and I would like to know, the best method
>> to install
>> these fonts.
>

> Create TFM and maybe also VF files. With non-METAFONT fonts you need
> to create, install, and enable MAP file fragments.

I might be wrong, but from the product page

http://www.micropress-inc.com/fonts/ccmath/ccmain.htm
> Just like the Computer Modern family, the Concrete fonts include
> multiple design sizes. The existing macro support for the Concrete
> fonts (the concrete, concmath, and beton styles) makes the
> MicroPress Concrete fonts immediately useful for most TeX systems.

So I guess TFMs, VFs, map file, etc., come with the package;
therefore, I think putting them in the corresponding places of

/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts

is OK. Also, if there are STY files, in

/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex

Then `` sudo texhash '' and finally,

sudo updmap-sys --enable Map=<name-of-the-map>.map

I think that should do it, but I don't have those fonts.

Best,

Axel