[OS X TeX] MathTime Pro 2

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Sep 25 21:29:49 CEST 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 1:02 PM, George Gratzer wrote:

> The installation instructions are quite obsolete, they refer to
> teTeX. Are there up yo date instructions?
>
> GG

Howdy,

I believe the main difference is that map files go in .../fonts/map/
dvips/mtpro2/ where ... is either the root of your personal tree (~/
Library/texmf) or the local system tree (/usr/local/texlive/texmf-
local). If you place your files in the local system tree they will be
available to all login users of your system. Also, if you place the
files in the local system tree make sure your run

sudo mktexlsr

(or

sudo taxhash

which is a synonym) which is not needed if you use your personal tree.
Then, to a activate the fonts, you should run

sudo updmap-sys -enable Map mtpro2.map

(there are arguments about this! If you use your personal tree you
could use

updmap -enable Map mtpro2

which will write to ~/.texlive2008/texmf-var/ and lead to no end of
confusion when you try to do things for the system later. I suggest
using the sudo command above for all cases.)

Hope this helps.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)