[OS X TeX] tlmgr gui under non-admin account

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Sep 17 23:28:08 CEST 2008

Hi,

was anybody successful in running the tlmgr gui with admin
authorisation coming from a non-admin account?
My setup is: Basic MacTex 2008 running on a non-Admin account.
Starting tlmgr from terminal without works. But without admin
authorisation I can not install any packages.
running:
	su admin
	sudo tlmgr --gui
results in
	perl/Tk unusable, cannot create main windows.
	That could be a consequence of not having X Windows installed or
started!
	Error message from creating MainWindow:
	  couldn't connect to display ":0" at /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-
thread-multi-2level/Tk/MainWindow.pm line 55.
	Tk::MainWindow->new() at /usr/local/texlive/2008basic/texmf/scripts/
texlive/tlmgrgui/tlmgrgui.pl line 61
Still, using tlmgr from command line seems to work fine.

Any ideas?

Alex

please avoid sending me word attachements; see
for details and background