[OS X TeX] synctex, texshop and \include

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Sep 15 14:45:04 CEST 2008

On Sep 14, 2008, at 8:33 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2008, at 7:26 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
>> If my source is Master + includes it works one way (chapter.tex
>> <--  pdf)
>>
>> OS 10.4.11 (Intel)
>>
>> Is this a current state of affairs?
>
> In TeXShop Version 2.14-svn (2.14) under OS 10.4.11 for PPC,
> "chapter.tex -->  pdf" works but not always and sometimes gets
> confused, e.g if something already occurred in a previous chapter.
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

TeXShop 2.14 uses a PDF search (or pdfsync) to go back and forth.
Unfortunately the PDF search gets a bit confused if there is quite a
bit of duplicate text and pdfsync sometimes changed the page layout of
the output document. In particular, TeXShop 2.14 doesn't ``know'' how
to work with synctex, which is somewhat like pdfsync but built into
the major TeX processors so there is no change in page layout.

Unfortunately TeXShop synctex tex<->pdf searching is available
starting with TeXShop 2.18 and you also must have MacTeX-2008 installed.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)