tlmgr (was: [OS X TeX] MacTeX-2008)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 9 15:14:40 CEST 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 2:32 AM, Axel E. Retif wrote:

> That's all right ---I was thinking to do the change in the GUI. I
> would use the command line to see if there are some new packages,
> and then do the update with tlmgr --gui.
>

> Best,
>
> Axel

Howdy,

When using the gui and clicking on the Update All button I got a
single update even though multiple packages were listed for update.
Maybe that was the effect of using the mirror. Using a single server
rather than the mirror is probably the best way to avoid that problem
but I doubt it makes CTAN happy.

The biggest problem is definitely the removal of the original package
before the download of the new. Definitely NOT the way to do things.
Also, is there some sort of checksum (md5?) that is used to check that
the download isn't corrupt?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)