[OS X TeX] Curious xelatex font problem

Dr. Clea F. Rees cfrees at imapmail.org
Sun Sep 7 01:36:45 CEST 2008

I've only played with xelatex etc. but I thought I would try this. I
can't compile the file you sent either from the command line  or in
TeXShop. In both cases, I get this error:

(/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/fontspec/fontspec.cfg))kpathsea:
Invalid fontname `Baar Metanoia', contains ' '

! Font \zf at basefont="Baar Metanoia" at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file or installed font
not found.
\zf at fontspec ...ntname \zf at suffix " at \f at size pt
                                       \unless \ifzf at icu \zf at set@...
l.3 \setmainfont{Baar Metanoia}

TL 2008
At the command line, I'm using Apple's screen and (non-Apple) bash.

I dug out my experimental file and thought it was a problem with
xelatex at first. Then I realised I'd deactivated some of the fonts it
called. It compiled fine after I commented out those calls.

FWIW, I have never had either MacPorts or Fink installed on this
machine. I did have earlier installations of TeX. 2007 is still
installed but not active. Earlier versions of teTeX installed with
i-Installer are no longer installed at all.

- cfr

On 06/09/08, you seem to have written: