[OS X TeX] Unavailability of ImageMagick through Gerben Wierda's i-Installer

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Sep 2 18:33:34 CEST 2008

Le 2 sept. 08 à 16:34, Pierfranco Minsenti a écrit :

> following the debate about MacTex 2008 and ImageMagick I point out
> to a current problem with the installation (or the updating) of
> ImageMagick through Gerben Wierda's i-Installer. If you click on
> Install a message appears saying: Remote package unavailable. The
> remote package is currently being updated. Please try again later.
> The same happened one month ago, I don't know what happened before.
> So the question is: when is ImageMagick planned to be available
> again through Gerben Wierda's i-Installer?

The future of i-Installer and the i-Packages is a bit uncertain at
this stage. Last I heard from Gerben, at the end of July, he had
migrated completely his hardware to Leopard and, after some trials,
had concluded that it was practically impossible to compile for Tiger
on Leopard. The result was that i-Installer and the i-Packages would
support 10.5 only, and fearing that this would mean the end of their
usefulness for many Mac users Gerben was thinking about retiring i-
Installer and the i-Packages alltogether.

For more accurate and up-to-date answers I'd advise contacting Gerben
directly (he's no longer monitoring this list regularly).

Bruno Voisin