[OS X TeX] CM fonts in Pages.app and OOp.app

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Fri Oct 31 09:41:39 CET 2008

Le 29 oct. 08 à 20:18, Maarten Sneep a écrit :

> On 29 okt 2008, at 20:13, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:
>
>> How can I use the CM fonts in standard Mac OS X applications
>> particularly in Pages and OOo?
>
> Install MacTeX 2008. This will put OpenType versions of the Latin
> Modern fonts in the font directory, making the lot available to all
> Mac applications. Make sure you use a recent version of OOo, the
> latest release no longer requires X11.
>
> If you are concerned with differences between CM and LM, then I
> won't be able to help you.
>
> Maarten

These links may help, then:

http://www.tug.org/pracjourn/2006-1/robertson/robertson.pdf
http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb24-1/jackowski.pdf

In short, there is almost no differences in their appearance between
CM and LM. Their "foundations"  are totally different, however.

Best regards,

Franck Pastor