[OS X TeX] dvips and dvipdf can't find header file

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Fri Oct 3 20:03:58 CEST 2008

Hi.

I'm using the version of TeX that is found in the file
MacTeX.mpkg.zip, located on the web page http://www.tug.org/mactex ...

I've just started getting the following error when running dvips or
dvipdf:
<quote>
$ dvips -o book.ps book
This is dvips(k) 5.97 Copyright 2008 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com
)
' TeX output 2008.10.03:1316' -> /dev/null
dvips: ! Couldn't find header file times.pfb.
Note that an absolute path or a relative path with .. are denied in -
R2 mode.
$ dvipdf book
dvips: ! Couldn't find header file times.pfb.
Note that an absolute path or a relative path with .. are denied in -
R2 mode.
</quote>
In other words, the last time I ran these commands on this particular
set of files, I did not get this error.

When I run these commands under Fedora 9 Linux, I get messages
<quote>
dvips: Font TimesNewRomanPSMT used in file relfigmolly.eps is not in
the mapping file.
dvips: Font TimesNewRomanPSMT used in file relfigrel.eps is not in the
mapping file.
dvips: Font TimesNewRomanPSMT used in file relfigref.eps is not in the
mapping file.
dvips: Font TimesNewRomanPSMT used in file relfigsymm.eps is not in
the mapping file.
dvips: Font TimesNewRomanPSMT used in file relfigtrans.eps is not in
the mapping file.
but everything else seems okay.
</quote>

Thoughts?  Thanks.

Art Werschulz
207 Stoughton Avenue, Cranford  NJ 07016-2838
(908) 272-1146