[OS X TeX] Fontforge and ttf2pt1 problems

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Wed Nov 26 01:04:28 CET 2008

On Wed 26th Nov, 2008 at 00:18, Peter Dyballa seems to have written:

> Am 25.11.2008 um 19:14 schrieb Gerben Wierda:
>
>> On 10 Nov 2008, at 21:43, David Arnold wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Somehow I managed to update fontforge using Gerben's older I-installer and
>>> I am still using Tiger. Now I get:
>>>
>>> darnold $ fontforge
>>> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libXi.6.dylib
>>> Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/fontforge
>>> Reason: image not found
>>> Trace/BPT trap
>>>
>>> Anyone know how I can repair this problem?
>
> On Tiger no object /usr/X11 exists. So you could create a sym-link (with ln
> -s) /usr/X11 that points /usr/X11R6 (sudo ln -s ./X11R6 /usr/X11). But then
> it's not guaranteed that a Leopard programme will run on Tiger ...
>
> I have a quite recent Tiger PPC fontforge (2 MB) from Fink ...

Since the fontforge project provides binaries for Tiger (and Leopard)
on PPC, is there some reason not to use those? I can think of some
possible reasons - including my own - but those would all apply to the
i-Installer version as well, as far as I know (though maybe not fink's).

The projects own binaries for PPC are as up to date as the latest
release in any other form (including source). The latest version was
released about 10 days ago.

- cfr