[OS X TeX] Screen font problems

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Nov 22 15:01:22 CET 2008

On Nov 22, 2008, at 7:42 AM, Chris Skeels wrote:

> On 23/11/08 12:07 AM, "Herbert Schulz" <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> What version of the OS are you using? Are you using an equation
>> editor
>> besides LaTeXiT? Are you using MS Word? If so, what version?
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
>>

> Hi Herb,
>
> I don't use LaTeXiT but there is Microsoft Office 2008 on the machine.
> Specifically Word version 12.1.3.
>

> Cheers, Chris.

Howdy,

OS version? If you have 10.5.x with x<4 you should upgrade immediately.

I seem to remember that someone had a problem with MS Word messing up
the font cache but I'm not sure about that or which version of Word it
was. You might check the archives; there is link near the bottom of
each message sent out on the list.

I believe LaTeXiT, at least the latest versions, was not a problem but
some of the other, older ones seem to mess up the font cache (don't
know how) under Leopard.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)