[tex-live] [OS X TeX] tlmgr failure

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 09:39:21 CET 2008

Karl

> I broke tlnet/2008/texlive.tlpdb yesterday.  As Norbert said, it
> will be
> updated in tonight's run, about four hours from now.  Sorry.

I now get some new packages, but it seems something is still not right.

So I then executed
sudo update-tlmgr-latest.sh
but when I ran
sudo tlmgr update --all
I still got errors concerning uninitialized value in split:

tlmgr: installation location ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
Use of uninitialized value in split at /usr/local/texlive/2008/tlpkg/
TeXLive/TLPDB.pm line 970.
skipping forcibly removed package calligra (collection-fontsextra)

tlmgr: should not happen, please report: latexmk.universal-darwin
mentioned, but neither new nor forcibly removed
skipping forcibly removed package resumemac (collection-plainextra)
skipping forcibly removed package varisize (collection-plainextra)

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin           Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science  Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University          Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath         WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK       VOIP:  sip:17476235487 at proxy01.sipphone.com