[OS X TeX] Building Asymptote with OpenGL support

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 12 10:23:43 CET 2008

Robert Love wrote:
[]
> Again, I ask how.  I grabbed 1.51, ran thru the usual untar, install gc,
> configure, make etc dance to get
> this while compiling.
>
> wsurface.o -c drawsurface.cc
> drawsurface.cc: In member function ‘virtual void
> camp::drawSurface::render(GLUnurbs*, double, const camp::triple&, const
> camp::triple&, double, bool)’:
> drawsurface.cc:260: error: invalid conversion from ‘GLvoid (*)(...)’
> to ‘GLvoid (*)()’
> drawsurface.cc:260: error:   initializing argument 3 of ‘void
> gluNurbsCallback(GLUnurbs*, GLenum, GLvoid (*)())’
> make: *** [drawsurface.o] Error 1

This is an as-yet unresolved incompatibility between Tiger and Leopard.
For Leopard, you have to patch the file glrender.h, where these triple
dots are introduced (you will see where) and remove them. The asymptote
authors are trying to find a patch that will work on Tiger, too (the
above manipulation makes it break on Tiger), but until now, they haven't
found one. See
<https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=detail&aid=2262140&group_id=120000&atid=685683>

--
Martin