[OS X TeX] Troubles of PDF document printing on 10.5

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon May 19 21:55:37 CEST 2008

Le 19 mai 08 à 20:45, Jung-Tsung Shen a écrit :

> My boss' system, I believe, is OS 10.5 + Preview.
>
> Does this have something to do with the embedded Chinese fonts? How
> could he print the document correctly? We need the Chinese characters
> in the document.

Can your boss print from Adobe Reader/Acrobat instead of Preview? That
would be the most straightforward fix.

What you describe evokes a Preview bug in Leopard, mentioned now and
then on this list since Leopard was released. I didn't follow the
issue closely, but I think the bug is still with us, unfortunately.

It could also be a font cache corruption, corrected for example by
using the Onyx utility to rebuild the cache. But this seems less likely.

Bruno Voisin