[OS X TeX] Troubles of PDF document printing on 10.5

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Mon May 19 20:45:39 CEST 2008

My boss told me that the PDF files I sent to him could not be printed
from his machine. Those files were generated with the combinations:

OS 10.4 + TeXLive 2007 + TeXShop (using TeX + Ghostscript, with Apple
Distiller). In the document, Chinese characters of the authers' name
were embedded via

\documentclass[aps, preprint, showpacs, amsmath, amssymb, pra, 12pt]{revtex4}
\usepackage{CJK}
\begin{document}
\begin{CJK*}{UTF8}{bsmi}
\title{Why bad things always happen to good people?}
\author{Schopenhauer (叔本華)} (* Name and title are made up. *)
\end{CJK*}
\end{document}

My boss' system, I believe, is OS 10.5 + Preview.

Does this have something to do with the embedded Chinese fonts? How
could he print the document correctly? We need the Chinese characters
in the document.

Thanks very much in advance for any input.

Sincerely,
JT