[OS X TeX] Scandinavian {\aa} ??

Bruce Kellogg rbmjk at alltel.net
Tue Mar 25 02:06:59 CET 2008

It is strange: when I process the file

\documentclass[10pt,oneside,leqno]{article}
\def \r{\rho}
\begin{document}
G{\aa}rding
  \end{document}

I get an error message, and if I type "q" in the dialog box, I get a
misspelt Garding with
a Greek rho inserted. On the other hand, when I process the file

\documentclass[10pt,oneside,leqno]{article}
%\def \r{\rho}
\begin{document}
G{\aa}rding
  \end{document}

there is no error message and I get what I expect.

Bruce Kellogg
rbmjk at alltel.net
... the real student will almost take an
additional pleasure in digging out his
information from a crabbed text.
Bernard Berenson