[OS X TeX] latexit issues

dfen2752 at mail.usyd.edu.au dfen2752 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Mon Jun 16 13:36:08 CEST 2008

List,

Okay. I've calmed down somewhat. First off, I would like to thank every one
of you for the amazing job :).

I was looking through the log files, when I noticed familiar code:

>>> export   if [ "${DIR}" !="${1}" ]; then 1>/dev/null 2>&1
>>> export     DARK=0; 1>/dev/null 2>&1

And then I realised I installed some custom bash scripts for colourising
the shell, and adding custom aliases and shortcuts. This file was the
culprit:

http://www.ug.it.usyd.edu.au/~dfen2752/assignment3/functions.txt

For some reason, the functions defined in this file (which was placed at
~/.bash/functions ) were mucking up the EXPORT preamble. Turns out if you
remove the pathremove function, it works.

The log returns:

export PPID=2662 1>/dev/null 2>&1
export RSYNC_RSH=ssh 1>/dev/null 2>&1
export     DARK=0; 1>/dev/null 2>&1
export BASH_LINENO=() 1>/dev/null 2>&1
export EDITOR=vim 1>/dev/null 2>&1

instead of before:

export PPID=2552 1>/dev/null 2>&1
export         if [ "${DIR}" !="${1}" ]; then 1>/dev/null 2>&1
export LANG=en_AU.UTF-8 1>/dev/null 2>&1
export RSYNC_RSH=ssh 1>/dev/null 2>&1
export     DARK=0; 1>/dev/null 2>&1
export BASH_LINENO=() 1>/dev/null 2>&1
export EDITOR=vim 1>/dev/null 2>&1

I have absolutely no idea why this function was making LaTeXiT malfunction.
Is it because LaTeXiT creates a function with the same name, and so there
is a conflict? The weird thing is that, to the best of my knowledge (which
I admit is not really saying much), these functions aren't actually run.
They're just loaded into the namespace.

Anyway, I am in debt to you all. Thanks a million guys. Regards,

Derek