[OS X TeX] latexit issues

dfen2752 at mail.usyd.edu.au dfen2752 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Sat Jun 14 11:58:02 CEST 2008

David,

Sorry about that. Firstly, I'm running the latest version of Latexit
(1.15.0), which I got from the MacTex 2007 distribution (which I'm also
assuming is the latest). I'm running this on Leopard (10.5.3).

Actually, no matter what environment I use, the error occurs. So i've tried
typing in just text (and choosing the text environment), and the
"unexpected error" message shows. This also happens if I type in
equations.

I'm pretty sure the Tex files (pdflatex etc.) work, because I do all my
assignments in LaTeX, using the TextMate bundle. And they all compile
properly. On a side note, I highly recommend TextMate for those of you who
code regularly, as well as typeset.

One thing that might be the culprit is that during the installation from
the distribution, I'm not sure if I checked off all the relevant options.
Do you know how I can check?

I've tried going to the temporary folder that Latexit creates, and running
pdflatex on the temporary file from there, and it works. But I still get
an 'unexpected error' message.

Regards,

Derek Feng (dfen2752 at mail.usyd.edu.au)
Faculty of Science - University of Sydney
Undergraduate Student
Bachelor of Advanced Science (Adv. Mathematics)