[OS X TeX] kpsewhich does not answer...

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jun 6 16:01:40 CEST 2008

Am 06.06.2008 um 15:12 schrieb Jacques André:

> [Fertel:~] jandre% which kpsewhich
> /sw/bin/kpsewhich
> [Fertel:~] jandre% kpsewhich texmf.cnf
>  => no answer, but

Look (with nano, pico, vi, emacs) into your .profile and .login files
– they might make use of files like /sw/bin/init.sh or /sw/bin/
init.csh. If you have such lines, then comment them with a '#' in the
first column. Save the files, log off and in again.

If kpsewhich still does not work, then check /etc/profile and /etc/
csh.login.

--
Greetings

   Pete

If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim
me as a German, and France will declare that I am a citizen of the
world. Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a
German, and Germany will declare that I am a Jew.
				– Albert Einstein, 1929