[OS X TeX] Trouble Getting TeXworks to Run on a Mac

Iraj Kalantari I-Kalantari at wiu.edu
Wed Jul 16 16:53:01 CEST 2008

This note is requesting help for getting TeXworks to work on a Mac
(Tiger + TeX Distribution showing in System Preferences + TexShop
runs smoothly).

Daniel wrote:

> go to http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list
>
> download TeXworksOSX-r103.zip
>
> unzip and try to launch TeXworks
>
> if it doesn't launch, you need the libraries. Same website,
> download TeXworksOSX-libs-20080714.zip Move the libraries as indicated

I did that.

The instructions about the libraries are:

1) On an unzipped folder: "into ;Library;Frameworks"
I created a folder inside the "Library" folder, named it "Frameworks"
and put in it the files inside the unzipped folder.

2) On another unzipped folder: "into ;usr;local;lib"
I took this to mean: find the folder "usr" and inside of it the
folder "local" and inside of that a folder "lib" and put the files
from the arriving folder into that.  I noted that I have no "usr"
folder (and might that be the problem? lacking other files?).  So I
created one inside the "Library" and followed up; TeXworks did not
run (it refused to launch).  I created such a folder inside my own
user folder (neighbor to the Library folder), that did not work either.

What is to be done?

Thank you, in advance, for your advice.

Iraj.