[OS X TeX] TeXWorks wish list?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed Jul 16 13:34:31 CEST 2008

I don't suppose anyone would want to revisit the idea of a ``bundle''
for TeX documents?

Other things I'd want:

  - outline mode / collapsing text insets (and a nifty control for
determining what's visible)
  - a palette of all labels defined in a publication (dynamically up-
dated as files are modified)
  - line numbering (could you take a look at the code in smultron for
this? It works nicely there even when text wrap is turned on)
  - while I hate to add another button, perhaps one which would toggle
'twixt monospaced and proportional fonts?
  - duplicate the collection of nifty math palettes from TeXshop?
  - Templates menu too
  - a scripting language? Perhaps Lua?

Lastly, would it be possible to work up some sort of interaction
between TeX and TeXworks which was direct? One thing of which I've
dreamed is a facility for TeX placing into the editing interface a
pair of numbers for each paragraph, how many lines tighter or looser
they could be typeset.

William

--
William Adams