[OS X TeX] TeXWorks wish list?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Jul 16 11:57:18 CEST 2008

On 16 Jul 2008, at 3:51 AM, Juan Acevedo wrote:

> What is the preferred way to send suggestions to the developers? I
> can think of some specific things I have long missed in TeXShop,
> like (mentioned in your page already) a sort of sidebar for source
> navigation (à la "document map").

The issue tracker on Google code would be the best place to collect
them; that way they won't get lost, and others may wish to add
comments too.

> I can help with Spanish documentation if needed, just let me know
> what is the way to go.

Documentation (in any language!) would be welcome; you'll have noticed
that there isn't any yet. Maybe it's time to start a TeXworks mailing
list, so that people interested in participating have a place to
discuss it further, without cluttering the Mac OS X TeX list. After
TUG2008, let's see what we can arrange. (A tug.org-hosted list seems
the natural thing to do, I just haven't had time to do anything about
it yet.)

Translation of the actual user interface is also welcome; the
framework is in place to support multiple localizations, there just
aren't any actual translations of the text yet. I'll try to get some
information on the Google code site soon to explain how to get
started, for anyone who'd like to do this.

Thanks,

JK