[OS X TeX] Full Page Graphic on First Page?

Matthew Leingang leingang at math.harvard.edu
Sat Feb 2 21:53:47 CET 2008

Dear Richard,

I believe Paulo's suggested options were either/or.

Are you trying to have a separate pdf file be the first page of the
document?  Then this should work:

\usepackage{pdfpages}
\begin{document}
\includepdf{titlepage} %<-- name of your pdf to be included
text text text text...

See the documentation for the pdfpages package to find options for
scaling and other stuff if it's too big.

The figure environment is for graphics that "float" and are placed by
LaTeX according to an algorithm that decides what looks best.  If you
don't want a float, don't use the figure environment (you see I
didn't above).

I can't quite tell from your original post, but in case you wanted a
big graphic *and* some text on the title page, you can use something
like:

\documentclass[titlepage]{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\begin{document}
\begin{titlepage}
\begin{center}
\includegraphics[height=8in]{titlepage_graphic}
\\
title page text
\end{center}
\end{titlepage}
text text text text ...

I don't think you *need* to use pdtk here.  If you want to find out
more about it, open a terminal and type

	pdftk --help

It often helps if you post a sample of your code so others can
understand exactly what you've tried.

Good luck!

--Matthew Leingang

--