[OS X TeX] How to prevent word hyphenation or force line break in table of contents

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 16:50:34 CEST 2008

Thanks, I had already tried that and it didn't work. For some reason,
it just increased the distance between Two and Conflicting. I tried
all sorts of ways of trying to force the line break, but none of them
worked for some reason. It might be a consequence of using the
publisher's style file. Anyhow, this made me go back and rethink
things, and the following worked:

\section[The Lotka-Volterra Theory for the Growth of Two Conflicting\,
\,\,\,\, Populations]{The Lotka-Volterra Theory for the Growth of Two
Conflicting Populations}

It adds just enough space so that Populations goes by itself on the
line below, as I wanted.

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College