[OS X TeX] Font problem on printing

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Aug 8 20:31:30 CEST 2008

Am 08.08.2008 um 19:34 schrieb Jung-Tsung Shen:

> I will tell him to get a copy of Onyx. Is this supposed
> to be a permanent fix or he has to do this every time when the font
> gets screwed again?

Why can't the LaTeX source and the PDF and the LOG files be accessed?
Without knowing the facts nothing of substance can be said. (And
facts can be hidden in the LaTeX file by substituting some text with
stuff taken off some eMail list ...)

Which is the printer? How is it connected to the Mac physically?
Which printer driver is set up, which PPD is used? Is this the
correct PPD file? Is the proper printer model chosen? How is he
trying to print? Has Disk Utility already checked (and repaired) the
permissions? Is the volume verified as sane?

> He now logs out every time when that happens and that solves the
> problem temporarily.

What happens when he uses fast user switching while in account A the
fault has happened? What happens in account B? And what are the
console and system logs of /Applications/Utilities/Console.app
showing, in any case?

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Debugging? Klingons do not debug! Our software does not coddle the
weak."