[OS X TeX] Font problem on printing

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 23:06:28 CEST 2008

On 8/8/08, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:

>  Which is the printer? How is it connected to the Mac physically? Which
> printer driver is set up, which PPD is used? Is this the correct PPD file?
> Is the proper printer model chosen? How is he trying to print? Has Disk
> Utility already checked (and repaired) the permissions? Is the volume
> verified as sane?
>

> > He now logs out every time when that happens and that solves the problem
> temporarily.
> >

>  What happens when he uses fast user switching while in account A the fault
> has happened? What happens in account B? And what are the console and system
> logs of /Applications/Utilities/Console.app showing, in any
> case?

Peter,

Thanks very much for the reply. Attached are the minimal .tex file and
the .log files generated using his setup (10.5.4 + TeXLive 2007).

I also typeset the .tex file using my setup, and strangely, the .log
file (included below) is not entirely the same. I noticed that in my
boss' case the bluesky fonts are loaded, but what's really going on is
beyond my knowledge. Could that be the problem?

He is the only user to his own laptop. We have not tried to create an
user account yet.

Thank you all for your kind help in advance.

JT

The following is _my_ log file using the same .tex file
************************
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6) (format=latex
2007.5.18)  8 AUG 2008 13:54
entering extended mode
 %&-line parsing enabled.
**first_try.tex
(./first_try.tex
LaTeX2e <2005/12/01>
Babel <v3.8h> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang, noh
yphenation, arabic, basque, bulgarian, coptic, welsh, czech, slovak, german, ng
erman, danish, esperanto, spanish, catalan, galician, estonian, farsi, finnish,
 french, greek, monogreek, ancientgreek, croatian, hungarian, interlingua, ibyc
us, indonesian, icelandic, italian, latin, mongolian, dutch, norsk, polish, por
tuguese, pinyin, romanian, russian, slovenian, uppersorbian, serbian, swedish,
turkish, ukenglish, ukrainian, loaded.
(/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2005/09/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size10.clo
File: size10.clo 2005/09/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX file (size option)
)
\c at part=\count79
\c at section=\count80
\c at subsection=\count81
\c at subsubsection=\count82
\c at paragraph=\count83
\c at subparagraph=\count84
\c at figure=\count85
\c at table=\count86
\abovecaptionskip=\skip41
\belowcaptionskip=\skip42
\bibindent=\dimen102
)
No file first_try.aux.
\openout1 = `first_try.aux'.

LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OML/cmm/m/it on input line 2.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 2.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for T1/cmr/m/n on input line 2.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 2.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OT1/cmr/m/n on input line 2.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 2.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OMS/cmsy/m/n on input line 2.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 2.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OMX/cmex/m/n on input line 2.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 2.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for U/cmr/m/n on input line 2.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 2.
LaTeX Font Info:    External font `cmex10' loaded for size
(Font)              <7> on input line 10.
LaTeX Font Info:    External font `cmex10' loaded for size
(Font)              <5> on input line 10.
[1

] (./first_try.aux) )
Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
 208 strings out of 94074
 2251 string characters out of 1163007
 49804 words of memory out of 1500000
 3578 multiletter control sequences out of 10000+50000
 4913 words of font info for 18 fonts, out of 1200000 for 2000
 645 hyphenation exceptions out of 8191
 23i,4n,17p,141b,107s stack positions out of 5000i,500n,6000p,200000b,5000s

Output written on first_try.dvi (1 page, 1480 bytes).