[OS X TeX] User Friendly LaTeX to HTML Converter?

Richard J Benish rjbenish at teleport.com
Mon Apr 28 23:08:48 CEST 2008

>You haven't really said what you're trying to accomplish. Maybe if
>you gave us some idea of what you're trying to do, someone could
>suggest some alternatives.

At the beginning of the initial thread (LaTeX2html Basics?)
concerning this topic I mentioned my desire to convert portions of a
long paper to html. (That thread digressed a bit, so I started a new
one.)

I should add that I am especially concerned about having the
equations come out looking good -- both inline equations (and
math-related symbols, etc.) and display equations.

SimpleTeX4ht did a decent job of converting the text part to html,
but left the equations as question marks. One correspondent, who
appeared to be much more savvy than I, mentioned that he also had to
struggle to get SimpleTeX4ht to work properly. He recognized the
symptoms, but could not remember the fix.

Richard Koch has kindly recommended a way to basically start over
with a new install of TeXShop and SimpleTeX4ht, that sounds like it
should work. But I have a slow internet connection, so I'd have to
use a friend's machine to download the latest version, etc...
Inconvenient, but perhaps this is my best option.

Grateful for all the help.

Richard Benish