[OS X TeX] User Friendly LaTeX to HTML Converter?

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 21:51:15 CEST 2008

On Apr 28, 2008, at 1:04 PM, Richard J Benish wrote:

> If anyone knows of a user friendly LaTeX to HTML converter I would
> appreciate learning of it.
>
> I've spent several hours trying to get LaTeX2htm, HeVeA and
> SimpleTeX4ht installed or to work. It's beyond me.

A large part of the problem is that there's a huge mismatch between
the capabilities/working assumptions of (La)TeX+dvi/pdf and the
capabilities/working assumptions of HTML+browser. As a result, there
is (IMO) no such thing as a useful (let alone user friendly) LaTeX to
HTML converter. (And I reiterate: this is just my opinion.) So trying
to automagically convert from LaTeX source to HTML+browser display is
not something I ever try to do.

You haven't really said what you're trying to accomplish. Maybe if you
gave us some idea of what you're trying to do, someone could suggest
some alternatives.

--
Chris Goedde