[OS X TeX] LaTeX2html Basics?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Apr 23 20:54:49 CEST 2008

Am 23.04.2008 um 18:26 schrieb Matthew Leingang:

> I don't know about hevea, but IMO tex4ht is the "right" way to do
> TeX -> HTML conversion.  Rather than re-parse the file using
> regular expressions, it uses TeX's parser which expands the macros
> as TeX knows how.

It really depends on what you are able to perform. If you can write
HTML, you can add your own "macros" and optimise hevea's output.
While hevea has a problem that not all LaTeX packages (or input
encodings) are translated for it, TeX4ht cannot handle all graphics
formats which are supported by the (La)TeX engine.

The beauty you can produce with (La)TeX cannot be reproduced in HTML.

Both convertors might not be able to handle XeTeX ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Well done is better than well said.