[OS X TeX] hyperref and apacite

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Apr 5 09:09:59 CEST 2008

On 4 avr. 08, at 22:00, Alan Litchfield wrote:

> > G5-2:Desktop alantlitchfield$ sudo mv *.apc /usr/local/texlive/
> 2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/apacite/
> > G5-2:Desktop alantlitchfield$ sudo mv *.sty /usr/local/texlive/
> 2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/apacite/
> > G5-2:Desktop alantlitchfield$ sudo mv *.bib /usr/local/texlive/
> 2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/apacite/
> > G5-2:Desktop alantlitchfield$ sudo mv *.bst /usr/local/texlive/
> 2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/apacite/
> > G5-2:Desktop alantlitchfield$ sudo mv *.drv /usr/local/texlive/
> 2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/apacite/

No addition or replacement to TeXLive should go to the texmf-dist
tree. Places for such addition or replacement are:

- /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local if you want the addition or
replacement to work system-wide, namely to be available for all
accounts on your Mac.

- ~/Library/texmf if you want the addition or replacement to be
account-specific, namely to be available for your account only.

Moreover, the paths suggested for .bib and .bst files are wrong: .bst
files go to tex/bibtex/bst and .bib files to tex/bibtex/bib.

Personally I'm more comfortable with the Finder than with Terminal, so
my suggestion would go as follows:

- Extract the CTAN archive apacite.zip to ~/Desktop/apacite (for
example put apacite.zip on the Desktop then double-click it).

- Open apacite.ins in TeXShop and LaTeX it.

- Open a new window (Cmd-N) then Go to Folder (Cmd-Shift-G) /usr/local/
texlive/texmf-local.

- Create a folder tex/latex/apacite (probably tex/latex exists
already, you'll only have to create apacite) and move the
following .apc and .sty files inside it:

	apacite.sty
	dutch.apc
	english.apc
	finnish.apc
	german.apc
	greek.apc
	ngerman.apc
	norsk.apc
	spanish.apc
	swedish.apc

You'll probably be asked to authenticate and enter an admin password,
both when creating the folder hierarchy and when moving the files.

- Create a folder tex/bibtex/bst/apacite and move the following .bst
files inside it:

	apacite.bst
	apacitex.bst

- Create a folder tex/doc/latex/apacite and move the files pertaining
to the documentation alone inside it, namely:

	apa5ex.bib
	apacdoc.sty
	apacite.drv
	apacite.dtx
	apacite.pdf
	README

- Open Terminal and type:

	sudo mktexlsr

Normally you're done!

The above is for system-wide installation. For the simpler user-
specific installation, just replace /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local by
~/Library/texmf: you won't be asked to authenticate when creating
folders and moving files, and you won't have to run mktexlsr (=
texhash, it's just a name change) afterwards.

Hope this works,

Bruno Voisin