[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT & Keynote: color management when printing

Michael S. Hanson mshanson at wesleyan.edu
Tue Sep 25 16:45:53 CEST 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 10:00 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> There is LinkBack functionality for Keynote 4 actually, since
> September 3, see:
>
> <http://commons.ucalgary.ca/~king/projects/keynoteplugins/linkback/>
>
> That said, I've not tried it myself (still cut-and-paste equations
> between LaTeXiT and Keynote 4). I was happy user of the plugin for
> Keynote 1, but then when the developer took loads and loads of time
> to update it for the following Keynote versions I stopped using the
> plugin, and then finally when the plugin was updated I could not
> get it to work at first try and gave up.
>
> I'd be interested by reports on installation and use of the plugin.
> Does it install frameworks inside the Keynote application itself,
> as the first version of the plugin did, or is it a better Mac OS X
> citizen now?

	I have installed the Linkback plugin.  The modification date of
Keynote does not appear to have changed (according to the Finder),
but the installation log for LinkBack shows:

Sep 25 10:34:31 MyMac : Relocatable software from package, Keynote 4
Applications/iWork '08/Keynote.app

Digging further, I see that files have been placed in:

   Applications > iWork '08 > Keynote > Contents > Frameworks >

	That said, I'm still trying to figure out how to implement William
Adams's suggestion to use AppleScript to change the text color for
the LaTeXiT equations, or identify some other way to convert either
the presentation or (preferably) the PDF version into a legible, ink-
saving grey scale version.  Additional suggestions are welcome.

                                         -- Mike