[OS X TeX] Re: Hide temporary files created by TeXShop

Markus S youcontrol at hispeed.ch
Mon Sep 17 23:34:46 CEST 2007

> There are all sorts of things that can go wrong doing that. I think
> it's easier to just use a macro that will delete all the extraneous
> files once you're done using them. TeXShop even has a built-in
> command, File->Trash Aux Files (Ctl-Cmd-A), to do that sort of thing.
> You can add extensions to that command as a hidden preference; see
> TeXShop Help.

I already use this command frequently, whenever there is a compilation
error to fix. But I tend to compile (cmd-shift-L) almost every 30
seconds, having to hit another shortcut every time as well is not
practical.

My beef with the all the aux files is that they make it more difficult
to find files in the Finder. Maybe if there were a preference in the
Finder to hide all files with certain extentions...

Whoever comes up with a bullet-proof solution for this, deserves
praise. Ideally such a solution could be worked into TeXShop itself.