[OS X TeX] EPS figures from PowerPoint in MacTex

Visar Berisha visarb at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 06:10:17 CEST 2007

I just switched from Windows (WinEdt+Miktex) to a Mac (MacTex). I
had quite a few latex documents that I had generated. They compile
just fine in windows, but some of the eps figures dont show up
properly when the PDF document is generated on the Mac. These figures
were done in powerpoint by Printing to PDF and converting them to EPS
in Ghostview.

More specifically, EPS figures I have made in
PowerPoint show up with white space on top and they cover other parts
of my document. This problem goes away if I regenerate the figures by
placing them in
the top left hand corner of powerpoint but I dont want to go through
and regenerate every figure. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks
in advance.