[OS X TeX] Figures in Mac tex

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Sep 13 22:52:43 CEST 2007

Le 13 sept. 07 à 21:37, Ali Tahzibi a écrit :

> I am new in mac tex and can not use psfrag command in tex shop. The
> problem is that my figures contain mathematical expressions which
> appear
> correctly in .eps file (I can verify it in my windows pc) and not
> correctly in .pdf

Did you try opening the EPS files on the Mac (double-clicking an EPS
file in the Finder will launch Preview which will convert the file to
PDF on-the-fly and display the result of the conversion)?

What you report suggests that the EPS files don't include the fonts
used in the mathematical expressions. If that's the case, the files
display fine on your PC because these fonts are installed in the OS,
but not the Mac where the fonts aren't installed.

> and  mac tex uses the .pdf version of the figure to
> insert in my article. How to solve this problem?

The Mac won't use the PDF version of the files if, in TeXShop, you
select TeX and GhostScript in the Typeset menu.

Bruno Voisin