[OS X TeX] eps/fonts problem with pdflatex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Oct 27 23:03:04 CEST 2007

Am 27.10.2007 um 22:00 schrieb André Bellaïche:

> With latex + ghostscript, I get the same output, but I get also the
> following messages:
>
> /usr/texbin/dvips: Font Myriad-Roman used in file [...].eps is not
> in the mapping file.
> /usr/texbin/dvips: Font Myriad-Italic used in file [...].eps is not
> in the mapping file.
>
> I can hardly understand why tex takes care of these fonts: they are
> not used as input in TeX, there are only part of the illustration,
> and they should be transparent for TeX and TeX-related programs.
>
> What do you think ?

You write "latex + ghostscript." How comes dvips on the scene?

> What should I do?

Tell us the exact commands that are used until the error occurs – or
throw the EPS files on TeXShop that they get converted to PDF for
simple inclusion with pdfLaTeX. Could be then Ghostscript would need
to know how the Myriad fonts can be found ... Preview would be
another option for converting EPS to PDF.

Have you tried simpdftex?

	simpdftex is a way to do pdf{e}{la}tex without having pdf{e}{la}tex.
It needs a
	working TeX environment and ghostscript. Since pdf{e}{la}tex cannot
handle
	insertion of .eps graphics, simpdftex gives an alternative. The
output for both
	systems is comparable.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 Americans.