[OS X TeX] Autocompletion in TeXShop

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Oct 1 12:53:50 CEST 2007

Luis Sequeira wrote:
[]
> lines, remove the ^ character to get
>     <string>{#SEL##INS#}</string>
>
> Now you can press ^ followed by space to get ^{} with the cursor inside
> the braces. Not ideal, but I believe it's the best one can do without
> changing the keyboard layout.

For the problem with the trema (umlaut) key, alt-u on a US keyboard, I
haven't found a similar solution, apart from removing all the ü, ä, ö
replacements in the autocompletion file. Right now, ü (= alt-u u) gives
¨\"u.

What would be needed for dealing with the dead accent keys is the
possibility to put a DEL or BS into the replacement string. Or does this
exist already?

--
Martin