[OS X TeX] Just went to Leopard and ...

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 6 02:01:05 CET 2007

Howdy,

Just put Leopard on my nice shiny new Macbook Pro. After doing a
bootable backup (using SuperDuper under Tiger --- not yet completely
working for Leopard) I Formatted the drive and did a clean install and
then a Migration from that bootable backup of Users, Applications and
files, folders and configuration. for the most part all went well (had
to delete ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.plist to get
Keychain to work --- do that BEFORE you agree to install a new
default, etc.) and My TeX distribution was in tact! :-)

Now for some problems:

While TeXShop seems to work fine a Macro (Applescript Direct) I used
to remove all extra extensions (it had an easily extensible list and
included lots of things that I have to test that produce various
extensions) only can find a sub-set of those extensions to delete. I'm
left with lots that still need deleting. This worked great under Tiger.

The BibDesk Input Manager that worked great for citations doesn't see
to be working put managers were moved to ImpuManager-Tiger. Do all of
those have to be re-written for Leopard? How do I tell the System it
should use them again?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)