[OS X TeX] GNUPLOT on Mac

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed May 23 20:49:09 CEST 2007

On May 23, 2007, at 2:35 PM, Joshua Smith wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I am beginning to explore the use of pgf/TikZ to put figures into
> my TeX documents (using TeXShop as the front-end).  To plot
> functions, it appears that GNUPLOT needs to be installed.  I did a
> little Google searching and one website stated that GNUPlot
> requires AquaTerm (which I have no idea what that is).

It is a GUI for GNUPLOT (but possibly more.)

> Can anyone give a recommendation for the best/simplest way to
> install and configure GNUPLOT

I would suggest getting in touch with Markus Bongard. He is/used to
be on this list.

> if the only thing I want to do with it is use it with pgf/TikZ?

As it turned out I left the whole thing on the backburner after
installing it—preTikZ—but, as I recall, it seemed to be able to deal
with other applications.

Regards
--schremmer