[OS X TeX] [ANN] BibDesk 1.3.5

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sat May 12 01:04:19 CEST 2007

The BibDesk development team is pleased to announce that BibDesk 1.3.5
is now available for download at http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/.
This version fixes several crashes and memory leaks, and all users are
encouraged to upgrade.  The most notable new feature is the presence
of a French localization, courtesy of Corentin Cras-Méneur and Josy
Rochaud.

Thanks to all of you who submitted exception and crash reports!  This
helped us fix several bugs that didn't appear in testing.  Please
continue to file bug reports on the tracker (use BibDesk's Help menu).

More-or-less detailed release notes follow, in case someone actually
cares to read them.

Changes since 1.3.4

** New Features **
   • You can now force file->viewer mappings to override your system
defaults (I still think this is weird, but it will stop some user
complaints)
   • French translation from Corentin Cras-Méneur and Josy Rochaud
(thanks!)
   • Arbitrary options can be passed to the z39.50 search...which is
only useful if the ZOOM implementation recognizes the key-value pairs
   • Proxy info is now passed to z39.50 servers, but we have no way of
testing this
   • Animation time is decreased, and user-settable by the hidden
default BDSKDefaultAnimationTimeInterval; setting it to 0 will disable
animations (and disable more user complaints)

** Bugs Fixed **
   • Deprecated string methods are no longer used
   • Search indexes are no longer leaked (Apple's docs are wrong about
this)
   • Search field timer is invalidated before the window closes,
avoiding a possible exception (workaround for another Apple bug)
   • Tail is truncated once again in main table text cells
   • Tooltips are disabled in PDFViews due to an Apple bug
   • We now avoid deTeXifying accented characters that can't be
composed to a single unichar
   • Empty keys are now allowed when parsing the Refer format
   • AppleScript search results are separated with a |
   • We now add an empty item with a rendered record in the Annote
field for unparseable z39.50 items
   • The MARC parser now allows a wrong space at character 22, since
that's a common syntax error
   • TeX font command parsing now handles nested commands
   • Track files for custom default search group servers, as the file
may not have the default name
   • Skim notes works again (accidentally broken before release)
   • Fixed crash when clearing the search field of a z39.50 search group
   • Removed Spotlight file icon code, as it wasn't thread safe (will
be used later in Leopard)
   • Fixed a crash that would occur when you clicked the Import button
in a search group, which was itself searched via the toolbar search
field (looks like another Apple bug...)
   • Fixed the valueOfMacro: exception that various users reported
(due to a memory leak)
   • Date-based conditions are no longer leaked
   • Fixed other memory leaks