[OS X TeX] TexShop: problem switching preview and source

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 24 20:27:52 CET 2007

On 24 Mar 2007, at 19:36, Christian Burk wrote:

> Am 24.03.2007 um 16:53 schrieb Berend Hasselman:
>

>> I am using TexShop 2.10beta8 and the latest TexLive 2007.
>>
>> I am no longer able to switch between the Preview and Source
>> windows by Command clicking on a word or phrase.
>> This did work in a previous release of TexShop.
>
> Some user reported that deleting the plist file under Application
> Support helped to get back the expected behaviour.

I didn't find anything in Application Support concerning TexShop.
I had already deleted a TexShop.plist in preferences but that didn't
help.

I have tried pdfsync and that seems to work, up to a point.

The folder setup for this project is as follows

X/base/...  containing .tex files to be included
X/var1/main.tex
X/var2/main.tex

The main.tex files \input files from ../base and  use different font
packages.

Using pdfsync I can jump to a .tex file from the preview window.
The other way round seems impossible. I have tried setting project
Root and using a %!TEX root=.. lines (temporarily since the main file
is variable and not located in the same relative place).

I have also noticed that for a project as in this case you must have
the window containing the root file active for executing a typeset.
Otherwise TexShop will typeset the wrong file and you'll get LaTeX
errors.

Berend