[OS X TeX] finding missing braces

brian at pongonova.net brian at pongonova.net
Sun Mar 4 21:30:10 CET 2007

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 08:40:26PM +0100, Rolf Schmolling wrote:
> Someone I met in texusergroup hinted about some editors beeing smart
> enough to do this but I really want to hang to TexShop because it
> seems the only thing I'm able to work properly (simple but elegant,
> no programming-skill neded, excellent sync between source and pdf)?

Rolf, I use vim (excellent LaTeX support through latex-suite) for
editing, and TeXShop for typesetting.  If you're willing to work with
a learning curve (and I can't imagine anyone using this stuff who
isn't!), vim would take care of this little problem for you.
Basically, the synax highlighting changes colors when you open a
brace...close it, and the color changes again.  It's visually apparent
where the missing closing braces are.

http://www.vim.org
http://vim-latex.sourceforge.net

  --Brian