[OS X TeX] Survey about TeXShop feature use.

Jeffrey J Weimer weimerj at email.uah.edu
Sat Jun 30 21:01:48 CEST 2007

On Jun 30, 2007, at 8:28 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> As an incentive to get started on an attempt to put together a
> ``manual'' on TeXShop I'd like to conduct a little survey of the list.

This would be GREAT!

> 1)What features of TeXShop do you use? I know we edit source files
> and compile files, I'm interested in the helpful (or not so
> helpful?) extras like Panels, Macros (text or Applescript), Command
> Completion, Auto Completion, Specialized Engines. special keyboard
> assignments (via System Preferences or other Key Binding methods)
> that you use to help you in your work. You can also include things
> like using the BibDesk InputManager for references/citations within
> TeXShop.

I have not gotten beyond the edit and typeset stage yet (though I did
test putting in ! - XeTeX and font directives once ...)

> 2)How long have you been using TeXShop and your experience level
> (approximate) with using TeX.

a) TeXShop --- for about one year or so, coming in from OzTeX and an
(at that time) very outdated MacOS9 system

b) TeX/LaTeX --- started with it back in about 1987 (on a Vax system
I believe it was). I consider myself a moderately skilled user who
occasionally looks in awe at the pros whizzing around on the black
marked slopes but realizes he's just as happy with the occasional
foray into the blue levels :-)

--
J. J. Weimer, Chemistry / Chemical & Materials Engineering
University of Alabama in Huntsville, MSB 125, 301 Sparkman Dr