[OS X TeX] TeXShop hanging when typesetting document

Alun J. Carr alun.j.carr at ucd.ie
Sat Jun 30 16:08:05 CEST 2007

I just upgraded to the May release of MacTeX (which also installed
TeXShop 2.10beta8) and I'm experiencing deeply weird problems when
trying to typeset four existing documents.

(1) If I try to typeset in TeXShop, no TeX console appears, CPU usage
on one core rises to 100%, and I get the spinning pizza wheel of
death. I then have to force quit TeXShop.

(2) If I typeset the same documents from the command line in Terminal
using pdflatex, everything is fine.

(3) So far only these four documents have shown this problem. A point
to note is that they are FoilTeX documents (foils.cls is installed in
the texmf tree in ~/Library since it is not part of the TeXLive
distribution). Documents using standard LaTeX classes have no problems.

(4) A new single-page test document using FoilTeX doesn't have this
problem. This is in the same directory as one of the problem
documents, just in case it was a permissions issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

==

Dr Alun J. Carr
School of Electrical, Electronic, and Mechanical Engineering
University College Dublin
Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland

Phone: +353-(0)1-716 1989
Fax: +353-(0)1-283 0534