[OS X TeX] ams problems

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Thu Jul 26 21:05:26 CEST 2007

No problems here. I am using the development release of TeXLive 2007
installed using the MacTeX installer from (see TeXLive-2007-Dev):

http://www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html

When I typeset:

\documentclass[journal,twoside,final]{IEEEtran}
\usepackage{amsthm}
\begin{document}
Hi.
\end{document}

the console gives:

This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)
  \write18 enabled.
  %&-line parsing enabled.
entering extended mode
(./test.tex
LaTeX2e <2005/12/01>
Babel <v3.8h> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax,
dumylang, noh
yphenation, arabic, basque, bulgarian, coptic, welsh, czech, slovak,
german, ng
erman, danish, esperanto, spanish, catalan, galician, estonian,
farsi, finnish,
  french, greek, monogreek, ancientgreek, croatian, hungarian,
interlingua, ibyc
us, indonesian, icelandic, italian, latin, mongolian, dutch, norsk,
polish, por
tuguese, pinyin, romanian, russian, slovenian, uppersorbian, serbian,
swedish,
turkish, ukenglish, ukrainian, loaded.
(/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/IEEEtran/IEEEtran.cls
Document Class: IEEEtran 2007/03/05 V1.7a by Michael Shell
-- See the "IEEEtran_HOWTO" manual for usage information.
-- http://www.michaelshell.org/tex/ieeetran/
(/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/psnfss/ot1ptm.fd)
-- Using 8.5in x 11in (letter) paper.
-- Using PDF output.
-- This is a 10 point document.
) (/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amscls/amsthm.sty) (./
test.aux)
[1{/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/
pdftex.map}]
(./test.aux) ){/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/enc/dvips/
base/8r.enc}<
/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/urw/times/utmr8a.pfb>
Output written on test.pdf (1 page, 8638 bytes).
Transcript written on test.log.

There are no errors or problems that I can see.

 From what did you originally install TeX? If it is the above-
mentioned distribution, I would try installing again.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
   Gary