[OS X TeX] math typography

S P Suresh spsuresh at cmi.ac.in
Sun Jul 22 04:08:57 CEST 2007

Hi,

Any opinions on Mathdesign + URW-Garamond? It is free! And looks
quite decent. (URW-Garamond lacks small-caps, though!) And I do not
know which accompanying sans-serif font to suggest. I personally use
gtamacgillsans (saved from my gwtex installation) along with URW-
Garamond. I have even used Mathdesign math with Hoefler Text, and it
doesn't look indecent. One can also check out Mathdesign + Bitstream
Charter. That looks good as well. Mathdesign offers math support for
URW-Utopia as well, but I don't remember having used it.

Cheers,
Suresh

S P Suresh
Chennai Mathematical Institute